Thursday, February 14, 2013

Does Your Circle Know You Are A Christian?

The story for this post, I am a journeying type of guy as my family can attest. Seems like just as soon as I am taking root, I move on. That's either bad or good, don't know at this point, but that is another post. Moving to a few places, I have had to meet new coworkers and meet new people, now this post is speaking about your circle of people who are not associated at all with your church family or christian friends. Most of us have a desire to be included, I don't care who you are, we have this need to be included. We sometimes kind of shed our belief so that others can't see it. Here is a good example, one place I moved too, before I was a phone guy, was in Kansas. It was a construction job and we know sometimes that can be a rowdy crowd. I could tell right away that "churching" wasn't on these guy's mind! What do I do? I become part of them, a cuss word here, a drink of beer there, a dirty joke, making fun of those not included. While I am doing this, I attend church, socialize with fellow christians, even help with church duties.It's so crazy, like a run-away train, I couldn't stop it. The whole time I am thinking, "man, if I die right now, these guys are going to wonder why my funeral is at a church and my church is going to wonder why the crew is leaving a six pack of beer at my headstone. Why is it so hard to be who we really should be, at all times. Consider this; 1 Corinthians 16:13, Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. You might be saying, " yea, right Steve, I can quote verses too, I still have to go to work tomorrow and man, you don't know the guys I work with". I do know those guys,I also know those guys want to be included too. Here is another thing I found out, out of your crew, you might have one, maybe one, who does not believe in God. The question is, who will stop the train. I am more mature now and can handle this situation a lot better than I use too. You might also let little things slip about your faith, ie;I went to a christian concert last night, went to a prayer breakfast, went to a retreat, you get the idea. Then maybe eventually you will have the strength to stand firm. I don't have an exact answer, but I know we can pray and let God's strength carry us. A day at a time brothers and sisters, a day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, You don't know me, I am sure, but I just wanted you to know that I am sure God knows you and he is proud of you for how hard you are trying. Be strong, have faith and know that there are other people out there watching you and noticing the way you live. I too try to drop the good word in while I am talking to others. I try to let people know that I am praying for them and often fast for people who are suffering.

    There is not a lot I can do right now in my life, I am a SAHM who has a great big case of inability to feel my hands and arms which causes a lot of pain. But, I am forever grateful for faith in God because with in that faith I have the knowledge that "by small and simple thing are great things come to pass". I may not be able to do great big things, but I can share a smile and a kind word in line at the grocery store that can change a persons day. Maybe in that store there is someone who needs to know they are not alone and they will feel Gods love if I show a kind act. Thanks for the reminder to share who I am and what I stand for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeaAnne, we all need to be reminded of God's love, even those cranky ones, Lol! I have idiopathic neuropathy, my feet never stop being in pain and it is now affecting my hands, but I know God goes before me. One door might shut but another one always opens up, Case in point, I thought I couldn't play guitar anymore, but through some research, I found some things to do so that while I can still play, I am learning to play the bass, which will be easier on my hands, another door opened. Thanks for your comment and I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete